‘Primary Music – National Curriculum Implementation’ Training
This session could alternatively be called ‘Music for the Slightly Terrified!’
The Music National Curriculum Programme of Study can appear rather daunting for non-specialists to implement confidently. We aim to clear up any confusion and enable schools and teachers to increase subject knowledge and skills, and, as a result, their overall confidence.
It covers all aspects of music teaching and learning, from listening and appraising through to composing and performing. Practical activities are introduced in a non-threatening, fun way.
Based around our ‘Big Questions’ model, and tailored as much as possible to your school’s context and unique character, we will focus on providing answers that will enable staff to teach in a much more self-assured way.
Who is this for?
Primary schools everywhere (curriculum leaders, music subject leaders, class teachers, HLTAs)
It is designed specifically for those who lack confidence in delivering the Music Curriculum and /or new teachers who need to develop their skills and knowledge.
How long does the training last?
‘Primary Music – National Curriculum Implementation’ training sessions are held in your school and are available as:-
- Staff meetings (North West England only)
- INSET half days
- INSET full days
Big Questions Answered
- What does the National Curriculum Music Programme of Study actually mean and how do we make sure we are implementing this effectively in our school’s curriculum offer?
- What do the basic skills involved in teaching music look like and why are they important?
- How do we develop progression in skills, knowledge and understanding in music through the school?
- Can we teach great music lessons if we don’t feel confident?
- How do we raise pupils’ self-esteem and confidence through music?
For a personalised price and more information on booking this ‘Primary Music – National Curriculum Implementation’ training session for your school, please fill in the form below and one of our lovely team will be in touch very soon.