‘Primary Art and Design – National Curriculum Implementation’ Training
The Art and Design National Curriculum Programme of Study can appear vague and, as a result, rather challenging for non-specialists to implement confidently. We aim to clear up any confusion and enable schools and teachers to increase their subject knowledge and confidence. This course is designed to help leaders and teachers in schools ensure they have a clear understanding of the requirements of the Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 Art and Design National Curriculum Programmes of Study and assist subject leaders in identifying specific areas for development within their school.
Based around our ‘Big Questions’ model, and tailored as much as possible to your school’s context and unique character, we will focus on providing answers that will enable staff to teach more confidently.
Who is this for?
Primary schools based in North West England (curriculum leaders, art subject leaders, class teachers, HLTAs)
It is designed specifically for those who lack confidence in delivering the Art and Design Curriculum and / or new teachers who need to develop their skills and knowledge.
How long does the training last?
‘Primary Art and Design – National Curriculum Implementation’ training sessions are held in your school and are available as:-
- Staff meetings
- INSET (half days)
- INSET (full days)
Big Questions Answered
- What does the National Curriculum Art and Design Programme of Study actually mean and how do we make sure we are implementing this effectively in our school’s curriculum offer?
- What does the progression of skills in Art and Design look like and why is it important?
- How do we develop progression in skills, knowledge and understanding in Art and Design through the school?
- Can we teach great Art and Design lessons if we don’t feel confident?
- How do we raise pupils’ self-esteem and confidence through Art and Design?
For a personalised price and more information on booking this ‘Primary Art and Design National Curriculum’ training for your school, please fill in the form below and one of our lovely team will be in touch very soon.